Rev. A.J. Pope and the Rev. Fred A. Williams founded Casa View Assembly of God in the summer of 1953. It was first named Glad Tidings Church and, at that time, services were held in a rented building at Tenison Park. In March of 1954, the current location was purchased, along with a used building that was moved onto the property, and renovations were started. The building was completed and dedicated in the fall of 1955. In 1956 the church name was changed to Casa View Assembly of God (named after the neighborhood in which we reside). Dr. Marcus Alexander has served as lead pastor since 1997.