What We Believe
1. WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son, Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
6. WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion(the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
8. WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
Rev. A.J. Pope and the Rev. Fred A. Williams founded Casa View Assembly of God in the summer of 1953. It was first named Glad Tidings Church and, at that time, services were held in a rented building at Tenison Park. In March of 1954, the current location was purchased, along with a used building that was moved onto the property, and renovations were started. The building was completed and dedicated in the fall of 1955. In 1956 the church name was changed to Casa View Assembly of God (named after the neighborhood in which we reside). Dr. Marcus Alexander has served as lead pastor since 1997.
9:00 am - Pre-Service Prayer
9:30 am - The Deeper Life
10:30 am - Morning Worship
- Kids Church
Sunday Evening Prayer
4:00 pm - The Secret Place
7:00 pm - Adult Bible Study
- Royal Rangers
- The Well: Youth Service